EXCLUSIVE: Indian Harvard Professor Gita Gopinath says Americans are talking about Flipkart and Ola
At a time when startups are mushrooming in India, a few desi companies have already gone far ahead in the race.
While speaking to
Gopinath is the third woman to have become a permanent professor at the prestigious
While reacting to the
ALSO READ: The 2016 festive sales- The winner so far
This woman of strength also called for increased
She concluded by saying - "The awareness has increased about the need to increase women participation in the workplace, but there are no amenities to assure that. Women need to feel safe when they go to work and this disparity is growing in urban and rural areas. Women need to be given the same opportunities in every sector, and there’s a long way to go."
Picture credits: World Economic Forum
- India at forefront of vaccine development: Modi
- How music has become the real social connector, and technology has helped democratize music in today’s digitally connected world
- EXCLUSIVE: Trump versus Biden — Here’s what the result of the US election could mean for India
- EXCLUSIVE: Why Tata Motors CEO is not worried about Musk's Tesla coming to India
- Chinese soldier strays across the border — detained by India , to be released soon