Earth has a mysterious second moon - here's what we know about it
Earth's moon isn't alone out there.
It turns out that a second large rocky body is orbiting our world, and has been for about a hundred years now.The object, called asteroid 2016 HO3, was first spotted by NASA this April and follows Earth in a long, wobbly orbit around the Sun, drifting ahead of and behind our planet.
Skye Gould/Tech Insider
NOW WATCH: Surprise: Earth has two moons
- K'taka to adopt decentralised models for vaccine delivery
- Thackeray seeks 'national vaccine distribution policy'
- Respite for slum dwellers along Delhi railway tracks as Centre tells SC that no coercive steps will be taken against them
- Farmers threaten to block highways after Haryana issues order to seal borders with Punjab for two days
- Telangana ready to administer Covid vaccine: KCR to PM