Ecommerce companies employees are stressed out during the festive sales. This is how Snapdeal is dealing with it
Tanya DubeyOct 5, 2016, 07.25 PM
Read full story
It is the testing time for most corporates and hence, it is taxing on most employees whose targets and work is under a litmus test. From flipkart to amazon to
Business Insider caught up with
‘We have lined up a slew of initiatives to ensure a fun and relaxing work environment for our employees. In the run-up to Diwali, we also hired 10,000 temporary staff; these temporary positions are mostly in logistics to ensure deliveries flow smoothly and in the time committed to users.’
To keep the employee morale high, the company is making some extra efforts to make sure their people feel motivated-
1. Free snacks and drinks to people working through long hours or overnight shifts.
2. Sleep Zones in office corners equipped with comfortable sleeping bags, if people require unwinding.
3. They offer yoga classes throughout the year, their frequency would be increased during the festive season.
4. Free drops will be provided to employees working late hours.
5. The gym will remain open 24/7 and their in-house salon will operate extended hours, in case employees would like to avail any services.
Nigam added, "Diwali business event for Snapdeal. For Ecommerce companies Diwali to diwali constitutes as a financial year. Months of planning goes into this to provide a great customer experience. To add to this initiative we have made October extra special with every Friday of the month being an ‘unwinding Friday’. From Special events like comedy acts, jamming sessions to engagement with underprivileged kids, we have got it all.’’
We are also managing a family day on the last Friday, 28th October to thank the families of our employees during this crunch time.
This B2C company is a great example of a great workplace where employees are treated as people before workers.