Elon Musk just revealed new details about his tunneling project that could change transportation forever
The Boring Company, Musk's latest venture being led by SpaceX engineer Steve Davis, is working on building a network of underground tunnels that would transport cars on an electric skate. The skate would propel cars through the tunnel at a maximum speed of 130 mph, enough to get from Westwood to Los Angeles in just 5 minutes.Musk showed the very first visualization of the project during his TED Talk. A car would pull into a metal container that would then transport it underground:Advertisement
Musk is juggling quite a few projects on top of The Boring Company, including Tesla's upcoming Model 3 launch and the rollout of a brand-new solar roof product. He's also launched a new artificial intelligence company, Neuralink, while still serving as CEO of SpaceX and Tesla.But Musk said The Boring Company is only taking "2 or 3 percent" of his time. Interns and Tesla employees are working on the project part-time.
This story is developing.
- COVID-19 tally breaches 4,000-mark in Bengal with 193 new cases
- 67 fresh cases in Kerala, over 1 lakh people under observation
- No major side-effects of HCQ, should be continued as preventive treatment for COVID-19: ICMR
- SC issues notice to Centre, RBI on plea against interest on loans during moratorium
- HDFC shares fall 1 pc after Q4 earnings