GST May Get Further Delayed
The proposed goods and services tax (GST) faces new challenges as states have demanded control over small traders in the new tax regime. They are also demanding to keep the
"Unless the problem of dual control is resolved, it will be very difficult to implement GST. For traders with turnover of up to Rs 1.5 crore, the Centre should not interfere in assessments, audits and other matters. The Union government officials insisted on giving only administrative control to states, while states unanimously recommended that legal powers also be given," said Abdul Rahim Rather, finance minister of Jammu & Kashmir and chairman of the empowered committee of state finance ministers.
Meanwhile, Bharatiya Janata Party (
- Chinese hackers claim Apple's Secure Enclave chip has a new 'unfixable vulnerability'
- National Education Policy: Tamil Nadu Chief Minister writes to Modi opposing the shift to three languages
- Bajaj Auto's July sales drop by a third and the bigger dent came from exports
- One-time loan restructuring dilemma - RBI won’t commit, and India Inc won’t stop asking for it
- While people boycott Chinese products, IPL to retain Chinese sponsors: Omar Abdullah