Harvard just announced its commencement speaker
BRENDAN SMIALOWSKI/AFP/Getty Images
Harvard University announced that it has booked Academy Award-winning director Steven Spielberg to deliver the commencement speech this year, The Harvard Crimson reported on Thursday."Through his art, Mr. Spielberg has challenged us to dream and to see the world anew, and I am very much looking forward to welcoming him back to Harvard and to honoring him during our 365th Commencement exercises," University President Drew G. Faust said in a press release Thursday. Advertisement
Spielbergs films - "E.T. the Extra-Terrestrial," "Jurassic Park," and "Saving Private Ryan," to name a few - are American classics and massive box office hits.
Spielberg is in good company among Harvard's prior choice of commencement speakers who include Bill Gates, Oprah Winfrey, and J.K. Rowling.
- Best mobile chargers in India
- India warns China that it has never accepted 1959 definition of LAC
- After the Moon, Mars is getting laser-reflecting mirror to help future landings on the Red Planet
- Latest sero-survey shows 87 million Indians were exposed to COVID-19 by August
- Palghar on alert against a possible spread of the Congo fever