Here are 10 facts you've never known about Ola!
If someone were to ask me which is the most used app on my phone, the answer would be simple. It wouldn’t require thinking or even any respectable contest. The winner is unanimous. It’s none other than the
And, I’m not the only one.
Ola cabs, which has completely revolutionized the way India travels is a favourite with almost everyone, given its convenience, efficiency and how its allowed us to save the daily arguments and haggling with auto/cab drivers who refuse to go by the meter.
Even as Ola’s popularity keeps soaring and the transportation network company founded by Bhavish Aggarwal and
And, we at Business Insider rounded up ten fun facts about Ola that you’ll be surprised to know. After all, behind every successful startup is immense hardwork and an urge to reinvent.
That’s exactly what the Ola success story is all about.
Thus presenting some facts about Ola that chart its success story, from a website offering packaged weekend trips to being India's first startup to enter the unicorn club
1. Ola initially started off as Olatrip.com, a website that offered package weekend trips.
2. Ola's first office was a 10 x 12 feet room in Mumbai.
3. Initially, Bhavish did everything from photographing drivers to providing customer support and Ankit used to code for 48 hours straight. In Ola’s early days, Bhavish has himself driven a car to drop a customer, because the driver didn't show up!
4. He still doesn’t own a car and vows never to own one!
5. This is what Ola’s first logo looked like!
6. If all the vehicles on the Ola platform are made to stand in the line, the length would be 3895 kms. That’s the distance from Kashmir to Kanyakumari!
7. The most common names of drivers registered on the Ola platform are Ramesh (3079) & Suresh (2661). Other popular names include Sanjay, Rajesh and Santosh.
8. When drivers are on-boarded, their religion or caste is never asked in any of the documents as a policy.
9. The average distance covered by Ola vehicles in a day is about 43,40,717 kms. That is over 10 times the distance between Earth and Moon.
10. Ola is India’s fastest startup to enter the unicorn club.
Thus, it comes as no surprise that Ola presents a clear example of an Indian product retaining market leadership at 78%!
There's more. On the ocassion of Republic Day, Ola has came up with a video saluting the entrepreneurs. Here, have a look!
Image credit: Ola
- Compound Interest Waiver Scheme applies to everyone but provides limited relief — Here’s everything you need to know
- Best budget truly wireless earbuds in India
- India is the most attractive emerging market for clean energy investment, says Prime Minister Modi
- Tata Motors may report loss for yet another quarter led by weak JLR sales, commercial vehicles’ pain
- Supreme Court jumps in for Amazon and Flipkart after Karnataka High Court remains mum on investigation against their anti-competitive practices for over 200 days