Here's Boris Johnson's full resignation letter: 'We are truly headed for the status of colony'
Spencer Platt/Getty Images
Former foreign secretary Boris Johnson has lashed out at Theresa May's Brexit plans in his letter of resignation, warning that Britain is "truly headed for the status of [EU] colony" and that "the dream [of Brexit] is dying, suffocated by needless self-doubt."
On Monday, the Conservative MP became the third minister to resign from the Cabinet in recent days over Britain's plan for exiting the European Union, throwing British politics into chaos and raising the spectre of a potential Conservative leadership challenge or general election.
In his resignation letter, Johnson chastised Theresa May for the Brexit proposal the Cabinet had collectively agreed on Friday, writing: "Since I cannot in all conscience champion these proposals, I have sadly concluded that I must go."
Read the full letter below, via Guido Fawkes:
This story is developing...
- Toyam Sports Limited signed up as title sponsor for India tour of Bangladesh
- Deadly Covid variants still transmissible between species, finds study
- Australia researchers find poor sleep may be risk factor for Type 2 diabetes
- Max Financial Services: Company worth ₹24,000 crore running with only 12 employees
- NPCI defers UPI market cap rules till Dec 31, 2024
- Dharmaj Crop IPO
- Reliance Jio
- Digital Nomad Visa
- Whatsapp tips
- Air India crew guidelines
- Mukesh Ambani
- Larget Employers
- Highest Revenue companies
- New Cars in December 2022
- Best Companies for Work
- India's Richest People
- Maruti Suzuki
- Top Valuable unlisted Company
- Tata Tiago cng vs Alto k10 cng
- Top 10 Colleges in India
- Top 10 Airlines in World