Here's Boris Johnson's full resignation letter: 'We are truly headed for the status of colony'
Spencer Platt/Getty Images
Former foreign secretary Boris Johnson has lashed out at Theresa May's Brexit plans in his letter of resignation, warning that Britain is "truly headed for the status of [EU] colony" and that "the dream [of Brexit] is dying, suffocated by needless self-doubt."
On Monday, the Conservative MP became the third minister to resign from the Cabinet in recent days over Britain's plan for exiting the European Union, throwing British politics into chaos and raising the spectre of a potential Conservative leadership challenge or general election.
In his resignation letter, Johnson chastised Theresa May for the Brexit proposal the Cabinet had collectively agreed on Friday, writing: "Since I cannot in all conscience champion these proposals, I have sadly concluded that I must go."
Read the full letter below, via Guido Fawkes:
This story is developing...
- Travel Boom: India spends 2X of pre-pandemic level on Airbnb with Goa leading the charge
- Swiggy disburses over Rs 450 cr in loans to 8000 restaurant owners
- Hyundai Motor India says all its vehicles to come with 6 airbags
- Earthquake jolts Delhi and other parts of northern India
- World Bank pegs India's FY24 GDP growth at 6.3% as global headwinds emerge