Here's Boris Johnson's full resignation letter: 'We are truly headed for the status of colony'
Spencer Platt/Getty Images
Former foreign secretary Boris Johnson has lashed out at Theresa May's Brexit plans in his letter of resignation, warning that Britain is "truly headed for the status of [EU] colony" and that "the dream [of Brexit] is dying, suffocated by needless self-doubt."
On Monday, the Conservative MP became the third minister to resign from the Cabinet in recent days over Britain's plan for exiting the European Union, throwing British politics into chaos and raising the spectre of a potential Conservative leadership challenge or general election.
In his resignation letter, Johnson chastised Theresa May for the Brexit proposal the Cabinet had collectively agreed on Friday, writing: "Since I cannot in all conscience champion these proposals, I have sadly concluded that I must go."
Read the full letter below, via Guido Fawkes:
This story is developing...
- Amazon Great Republic Sale: Best deals on kitchen and dining products
- Amazon Great Republic Sale: Best deals on kitchen appliances
- India records 2,71,202 fresh COVID-19 cases in the last 24 hours, active cases highest in 225 days
- Amazon Great Republic Day Sale 2022 — Best deals and offers on laptops
- Amazon Great Republic Day Sale — Top offers and deals on large electronic appliances
- Section 144 in Mumbai
- Elon Musk
- India's win in Centurion
- Millionaires Employees
- Car with Waiting Period
- Tax Saving Investment
- Urban Company
- New Year 2022
- Upcoming new laptops
- Bank Holidays in January
- Valuable NFT Projects
- Xiaomi 11i hypercharge
- GST Input tax credit
- Public Holidays in 2022
- RBL Stocks
- Upcoming Smartphones in 2022