India can house all by 2022 if it tries hard. Know more
India can house all its citizens by 2022 with the help of a comprehensive and implementable strategy according to commercial real estate services firm Cushman & Wakefield.
The company today jointly released a report with PHD Chamber of Commerce. Here it identified financial inclusion, regional planning,
The report also suggests ways to tackle housing problems in urban areas. It proposes a regional approach where one breaks up long-term development programmes into small five year targets. It also says the government should handle large-scale initiatives to strengthen governance and suggests ways to integrate information and communications technology (ICT) to simplify government processes in all relevant departments.
According to the report, lesser access to loans causes problems to EWS and
According to Cushman & Wakefield’s own research, India will face urban housing demand of around 13 million units by the end 2018. 19% of this would be from the top eight cities in India, LIG and
(Image credit: Indiatimes)
- Indian lenders like SBI, Axis Bank and others need $20 billion in capital— most of it will go into filling up NPA holes
- NASA, SpaceX postpone historic astronauts launch (2nd Ld)
- NASA, SpaceX postpone historic astronauts launch
- 5 persons test positive for COVID-19 in Manipur, total rises to 44
- 32 people test positive for COVID-19 in Jharkhand, total now 458