LIVE: Here come Amazon's earnings
- Amazon reports its first-quarter results on Thursday afternoon.
- Wall Street analysts are expecting it to report strong sales and earnings growth.
- Visit Business Insider's homepage for more stories.
Wall Street is predicting that the first quarter was another strong one for Amazon.The retailing and cloud computing giant reports its results for the first three months of the year on Thursday afternoon. Analysts have forecast that the company will post strong revenue and earnings growth.
Here's what analysts, on average, are expecting from the company and how their forecasts compare with Amazon's prior-year results:
- Q1 revenue: $59.68 billion. In the same period a year ago, Amazon recorded $51.04 billion in sales.
- Q1 EPS (GAAP): $4.67. The company posted a profit of $3.27 a share in the first quarter last year.
- Q2 revenue (outlook): $62.37 billion. In the second quarter last year, Amazon brought in $52.9 billion in sales.
- Q2 EPS (outlook): $6.34. The e-commerce giant earned $5.07 a share in the same period of 2018.
We'll be covering Amazon's results as they cross the wire, so refresh this page or click here for the latest updates.
NOW WATCH: What's going on with Jeff Bezos and Amazon
- UP's Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath announces free funerals for deceased Covid patients
- You no longer need a Covid+ve report to get admitted to a hospital: Union Health Ministry
- Supreme Court sets up a 12-member National Task Force to facilitate public health response to the pandemic
- Adobe Summit 2021: Empowering a digital-first economy through personalisation
- Crime branch to probe recovery of O2 concentrators from Delhi eateries, including Khan Market's famous Khan Chacha and Town Hall