LIVE: Here come Amazon's earnings
- Amazon reports its first-quarter results on Thursday afternoon.
- Wall Street analysts are expecting it to report strong sales and earnings growth.
- Visit Business Insider's homepage for more stories.
Wall Street is predicting that the first quarter was another strong one for Amazon.
The retailing and cloud computing giant reports its results for the first three months of the year on Thursday afternoon. Analysts have forecast that the company will post strong revenue and earnings growth.
Amazon has seen the growth of its retail business slow in recent quarters. But it's been buoyed by the supercharged growth of its Amazon Web Services cloud unit and its advertising sales.
Here's what analysts, on average, are expecting from the company and how their forecasts compare with Amazon's prior-year results:
- Q1 revenue: $59.68 billion. In the same period a year ago, Amazon recorded $51.04 billion in sales.
- Q1 EPS (GAAP): $4.67. The company posted a profit of $3.27 a share in the first quarter last year.
- Q2 revenue (outlook): $62.37 billion. In the second quarter last year, Amazon brought in $52.9 billion in sales.
- Q2 EPS (outlook): $6.34. The e-commerce giant earned $5.07 a share in the same period of 2018.
In recent trading before the market close, Amazon's stock was up $14.25 a share, or about 1%, to $1,916.00.
We'll be covering Amazon's results as they cross the wire, so refresh this page or click here for the latest updates.
NOW WATCH: What's going on with Jeff Bezos and Amazon
- Elon Musk sparks another Shiba Inu rally ‘to the moon’ — other Shiba coins follow suit
- A renowned female crime novelist who won a million-euro prize in Spain turned out to be three middle-aged men
- Microsoft President Brad Smith reportedly told Bill Gates more than a decade ago to stop emailing female employees
- Apple MacBook Pro and AirPods 3 launched – Indian pricing, features and everything you need to know
- Apple M1 Pro and M1 Max vs M1: Here’s what Apple improved with its new custom chips
- IRCTC crosses ₹1 lakh crore in market cap for the first time as investors adore its monopoly
- We aim to be the YouTube of podcasters and scale up 20X in the next 12 months: Sandeep Lodha, Gaana
- Sensex surges by 400 points to soar past 62,000-mark; Nifty opens at fresh record — L&T, Tech Mahindra, HCL Tech, HUL, Axis Bank and Bharti Airtel top gainers
- India T20 World cup Jersey
- Photo Editors Apps
- Google Pixel 6 series
- CBSE examdate sheet
- Tata Punch Price
- Punit Goenka
- Motorola Edge 20 Mobile
- Google TV stick vs Amazon Fire TV stick
- Oneplus 9rt smartphone
- Samsung Galaxy M52 review
- vodafone Idea News
- India Coal Crisis
- iPhone 13 vs iPhone 13 mini
- IRCTC Share price
- Maximum Sixes
- Tata Sons