Startups bloom in 2015, attract highest investments!
The Indian startup ecosystem is all set to boom in the new year as well. After all, Indian startups have attracted the maximum investments from both domestic and foreign
According to the information compiled by startup blog Trak.in, investments worth $8.4 billion were made in new ventures, which include e-commerce platforms in 2015. Over 930 deals have been inked this year as compared to 304 deals worth USD 5 billion that took place in 2014.
Corporate tycoons such as Ratan Tata and N R Narayana Murthy as also marquee global investors like Alibaba and Softbank have been key investors in the startups.
With huge investments made in the new ventures and high valuations, experts and investors expect a correction on the valuation side. The sectors that will see action include financial technology, healthcare and enterprise technology among others. Agriculture is also expected to attract funding.
Image credit: Indiatimes
- Compound Interest Waiver Scheme applies to everyone but provides limited relief — Here’s everything you need to know
- Best budget truly wireless earbuds in India
- India is the most attractive emerging market for clean energy investment, says Prime Minister Modi
- Tata Motors may report loss for yet another quarter led by weak JLR sales, commercial vehicles’ pain
- Supreme Court jumps in for Amazon and Flipkart after Karnataka High Court remains mum on investigation against their anti-competitive practices for over 200 days