The 15 highest-paying jobs for doctors
We tend to assume everyone sporting a lab coat and stethoscope is bringing home the big bucks - and that's certainly more true for doctors in some medical specialties than it is for doctors in others.
For instance, the average optometrist makes $115,750 a year, while the average surgeon earns more than double that.
Here are the top 15 highest-paying jobs for medical doctors, according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics
12. Dentists (all other specialists)Advertisement
11. General dentists
10. General pediatriciansAdvertisement
9. Family and general practitioners
7. General internists
6. Physicians or surgeons (all other)Advertisement
4. Obstetricians and gynecologistsAdvertisement
3. Oral and maxillofacial surgeons