The Jim Beam Takeover Is A MASSIVE Win For Bill Ackman
Shares of Beam were last trading up more than 25% in the pre-market at about $84.30 per share. The stock closed at $66.48 per share on Friday.This is a huge score for Bill Ackman, who runs Pershing Square Capital. Advertisement
As of September 30, 2013 Pershing Square held 20,818,545, or 12.77%, of Beam shares, 13F data compiled by Bloomberg shows.
Assuming he hasn't pared back his stake, Ackman has made about $371,016,525 on this position since Friday.Dealbook's Michael J. De La Merced points out that Ackman was the one who pushed for Beam to split from Fortune Brands a few years ago. Since Beam became a separate company in October 2011, shares have risen more nearly 24%.
A 13F filing for the quarter ended December 31, 2011, shows that Ackman has held the same amount (20,818,545 shares) of shares in Beam. That means he has made around $688,499,336 on this position since that time.
- COVID: ASI monuments in Delhi reopen for visitors, masks mandatory
- Assam's COVID-19 tally crosses 12,000-mark with 786 new cases
- Delhi Police sub-inspector donates plasma after recovering from COVID-19
- Rajasthan CM stresses on raising COVID awareness among people
- Delhi's COVID-19 tally crosses 1 lakh-mark with 1,379 fresh cases; death toll climbs to 3,115