The best active swimsuits for women
- If you like to stay active at the pool or beach, a functional swimsuit is a necessity.
- Our top pick is Athleta's swimwear, but we also love swimsuits from Patagonia, Sweaty Betty, Land's End, and Speedo.
While itty-bitty bikinis and strapless one-pieces look great, they aren't exactly the most practical swimsuits, especially when you like to stay active at the beach or pool. In the past, finding an option that's not only stylish but also handles more than just lounging in the sun has been problematic.
Thankfully swim designers have started to tap into the athleisure market and are now producing flattering performance pieces that allow you to look chic and stay active. The latest swimwear features activewear technology like compression fabrics, moisture-wicking materials, and UPF protection. New swimsuit designs will actually let you show off your athletic abilities.
Whether you are looking for a sleek rash guard to catch some waves in, a one-piece that won't budge as you swim laps, or even a bikini that stays in place while you partake in some beach volleyball, these swimwear options will ensure you never have to sit out on a seaside sweat session again.
Here are the best active swimsuits you can buy:
- Best active swimsuits overall: Athleta Swimwear
- Best eco-friendly swimsuits: Patagonia Swimwear
- Best active bikini swimsuits: Sweaty Betty Bikinis
- Best rash guards: Lands' End's Swim Tee Rash Guard
- Best active swimsuit for athletes: Speedo's Pro LT Super Pro One-Piece
Subscribe to our newsletter.
Find all the best offers at our Coupons page.
Disclosure: This post is brought to you by the Insider Picks team. We highlight products and services you might find interesting. If you buy them, we get a small share of the revenue from the sale from our commerce partners. We frequently receive products free of charge from manufacturers to test. This does not drive our decision as to whether or not a product is featured or recommended. We operate independently from our advertising sales team. We welcome your feedback. Email us at email@example.com.