The best baby shampoo you can buy
- When it comes to baby shampoo, you want one that's gentle and soft on your baby's sensitive skin.
- After much research and testing, we chose California Baby Calendula Shampoo as the best for most babies.
- The shampoo's gentle, calming, and natural ingredients are great for sensitive baby skin.
Giving your baby a bath for the first time can be a daunting experience. You worry about holding up their head or doing it wrong. You want to use a shampoo that's gentle on their skin yet makes them clean and smell even sweeter.
The good news is that newborns only need a bath a few times per week, and as your baby grows, you become an expert at washing little fingers and toes.But which baby shampoo is best? When you go to the store or shop online, you have a lot of choices. You have baby shampoos for sensitive skin, ones for eczema, others with essential oils, and baby shampoos with a long list of ingredients you can't even begin to understand.
As a mom, I prefer a baby shampoo that's free of harmful chemicals, gentle on the skin, and at a price I can afford. When we researched baby shampoos for this guide, we used these criteria, asked other parents what they look for, and read hundreds of reviews to find the best baby shampoos you can buy. I've also tested all of these shampoos with my own babies.
Here are the best baby shampoos you can buy in 2019:
- Best baby shampoo overall: California Baby Calendula Body Wash and Shampoo
- Best natural baby shampoo: Puracy Natural Baby Shampoo and Body Wash
- Best smelling baby shampoo: Honest Baby Shampoo + Body Wash
- Best baby shampoo for cradle cap: Mustela Foam Shampoo for Newborns
- Best budget baby shampoo: Babyganics Shampoo and Body Wash
Keep scrolling to check out our top picks.
Subscribe to our newsletter.
Find all the best offers at our Coupons page.
Disclosure: This post is brought to you by the Insider Picks team. We highlight products and services you might find interesting. If you buy them, we get a small share of the revenue from the sale from our commerce partners. We frequently receive products free of charge from manufacturers to test. This does not drive our decision as to whether or not a product is featured or recommended. We operate independently from our advertising sales team. We welcome your feedback. Email us at email@example.com.