The best hyaluronic acid serum you can buy
- Hyaluronic acid is in everything these days, from moisturizer to lip balm to SPF, but the best way to get a concentrated dose of the hydrating and skin-plumping benefits is with a serum.
- SkinCeuticals Hyaluronic Acid Intensifier combines 1.3% hyaluronic acid with nourishing botanical extracts for a potent cocktail of ingredients.
Hyaluronic acid is one of those skin-care ingredients that's actually worth the hype. Its presence in countless serums, moisturizers, and even cosmetics these days doesn't make it a gimmick - hyaluronic acid is plumping, hydrating, and soothing, and the results can be nearly instantaneous.
Unlike with other active ingredients like the acids in chemical exfoliants or retinoids, it's harder to overdo hyaluronic acid. You can more easily layer multiple products that contain the ingredient without causing irritation. Think of it as a lightweight yet powerful moisturizer. Whether in makeup or skin-care products, hyaluronic acid also helps base products like foundation and concealer glide on and gives them a more natural finish. No cake-face here!
In the winter, I love to apply a hyaluronic acid serum as part of my morning and evening routine to boost the overall hydration of my complexion. In the summer, I replace heavy-duty creams with hyaluronic-based gel moisturizers or even skip moisturizer all together and rely on serum alone to keep my skin supple.Most skin types can benefit from the addition of hyaluronic acid - if you're dry, it can add the extra boost your skin needs to stop flaking, and if you're oily or acne-prone, it can actually hydrate without clogging your pores.
Here are the best hyaluronic acid serums in 2019:
- Best hyaluronic acid serum overall: SkinCeuticals Hyaluronic Acid Intensifier
- Best hyaluronic acid serum for beginners: Glossier Super Bounce
- Best hyaluronic acid serum under $10: The Ordinary Hyaluronic Acid 2% + B5
- Best clean hyaluronic acid serum: Drunk Elephant B-Hydra Intensive Hydration Serum
- Best hyaluronic acid serum for super dry skin: Peter Thomas Roth Water Drench Hyaluronic Cloud Serum
Keep scrolling to check out our top picks.
Subscribe to our newsletter.
Find all the best offers at our Coupons page.
Disclosure: This post is brought to you by the Insider Picks team. We highlight products and services you might find interesting. If you buy them, we get a small share of the revenue from the sale from our commerce partners. We frequently receive products free of charge from manufacturers to test. This does not drive our decision as to whether or not a product is featured or recommended. We operate independently from our advertising sales team. We welcome your feedback. Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.