The best natural protein powders you can buy
Insider Picks writes about products and services to help you navigate when shopping online. Insider Inc. receives a commission from our affiliate partners when you buy through our links, but our reporting and recommendations are always independent and objective.
- Whether you're a fitness buff, trying to lose weight, or just looking for a healthy breakfast on the go, a good protein powder provides the nutritional benefits you're looking for.
- Far too many protein powders are loaded with artificial or unhealthy ingredients, including sweeteners, added color, preservatives, and other unneeded and unwanted additives.
- That's why we rounded up the best natural protein powders you can buy.
- While Naked Whey is our top choice, the other five products in the slides below are also excellent choices.
Without protein, there wouldn't be life. This essential macronutrient is made from various amino acids, and is found in a wide variety of food sources, including meat, seafood, poultry, legumes, nuts and seeds, dairy products, and certain plants.In your body, protein is crucial for muscle formation, the health and function of skin and other tissues, digestion, blood clotting, hormone synthesis, bone and ligament strength, and the balance of your blood pH, among other functions.
While most of us get enough protein from a balanced diet, there are times you need a protein boost. If you are vegan, are a rapidly growing teen, are trying to bulk up or follow a rigorous exercise schedule, or just don't like to eat much meat, chances are good you'd benefit from incorporating a good protein powder into your diet. Extra protein also helps keep your blood sugar balanced, and promotes a feeling of fullness, which is a big benefit if you are trying to lose some weight.
Choosing that protein powder can be a puzzle, however. There are so many on the market, and so many different sources of protein. Whey, casein, soy, peas, and hemp are the most common. But far too many protein powders are full not only of the nutrition you want, but also plenty of fillers you don't need, including artificial flavors, sweeteners, and colors.
That's why if protein powder is a regular part of your diet, it's a good idea to choose a powder that's as natural as possible. Luckily, there are plenty of natural and organic protein powders out there, and to simplify your decision even further, we've gathered up information on the six best choices.
Here are the best natural protein powders you can buy:
- Best natural protein powder overall: Naked Whey
- Best natural casein protein powder: Legion Casein+
- Best natural goat milk protein powder: Mt. Capra Double Bonded Protein
- Best natural vegan protein powder: Orgain Organic Protein Powder
- Best natural hemp protein powder: Nutiva Hemp Protein
- Best natural Paleo-friendly protein powder: PALEOPRO Protein Powder
Read on in the slides below to check out our top picks.
Subscribe to our newsletter.
Find all the best offers at our Coupons page.
Disclosure: This post is brought to you by the Insider Picks team. We highlight products and services you might find interesting. If you buy them, we get a small share of the revenue from the sale from our commerce partners. We frequently receive products free of charge from manufacturers to test. This does not drive our decision as to whether or not a product is featured or recommended. We operate independently from our advertising sales team. We welcome your feedback. Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.