The best nutrition bars you can buy
The Insider Picks team writes about stuff we think you'll like. Business Insider has affiliate partnerships, so we get a share of the revenue from your purchase.
- Nutrition bars are packed with all the nutrients you need so you can fuel up on the go without stopping for a full meal.
- The Untapped Maple Waffle is the best energy bar you can buy because it is sensibly portioned, all natural, and so delicious we wanted to eat waffles even when we weren't exercising.
Whether you train at the gym, on the trail, or out on the road you'll need to fuel your workout if you plan to be sweating for more than an hour or so. Even if you only train during your lunch break, it can be hard to balance eating and exercising to make sure you feel fueled up not full up.Energy and nutrition bars make a great choice for athletes, adventurers, or anyone who can be too busy to sit down and snack. Gone are the days of the putty-like bar that required a significant jaw workout before you could swallow it, today's energy bars use natural ingredients in delicious combinations and deserve a place in every pantry.
We've picked our favorite bars to stuff in our pockets for bike rides and keep handy in our gym bags and glove compartments.
Here are the best nutrition bars you can buy:
- Best nutrition bar overall: Untapped Maple Waffle
- Best pre-workout nutrition bar: Honey Stinger Organic Cracker N' Nut Butter Snack Bars
- Best filling whole food nutrition bar: Bonk Breaker PB and J
- Best nutrition bar for sensitive stomachs: Picky Bar
- Best nutrition bar for digestibility: Science in Sport Go Energy Bar
Read on in the slides below to check out our top picks.
Subscribe to our newsletter.
Find all the best offers at our Coupons page.
Disclosure: This post is brought to you by the Insider Picks team. We highlight products and services you might find interesting. If you buy them, we get a small share of the revenue from the sale from our commerce partners. We frequently receive products free of charge from manufacturers to test. This does not drive our decision as to whether or not a product is featured or recommended. We operate independently from our advertising sales team. We welcome your feedback. Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.