The best toasters you can buy
The Insider Picks team writes about stuff we think you'll like. Business Insider has affiliate partnerships, so we get a share of the revenue from your purchase.
- Although the humble toaster may be a small appliance compared to the stove or refrigerator, it still remains a vital part of your kitchen lineup.
- The Cuisinart Countdown 4-Slice Toaster is the best one you can buy with its many settings and features.
If you don't want to spend that much on toast, you can always make it at home, but you need a reliable toaster. We've done the research to find the best toasters you can buy for browning your bread to perfection.For making toast at home, there are two major types of toasters: toaster ovens and traditional pop-up toasters. In this guide, we are focusing on the more common pop-up toasters, which come in either two-slice or four-slice options.
Which one is right for you depends on both the size of your family and the size of your kitchen. If you are single and living in a cozy studio apartment where countertop space is at a premium, a two-slice toaster will probably do the trick. A family of six in an oversized suburban home? A four-slice toaster can clearly make your mornings easier.
Toaster features to look out for while shopping:
- Defrost setting: This defrosts frozen bread before switching to a different setting to toast it.
- Bagel setting: This will toast the dense bread, or anything else, on just one side.
- Different width slots: Extra-wide or adjustable slots allow you to toast thicker bread slices. Some toasters come with extra-long slots, too.
- Warming tray: This allows you to heat items - like dinner rolls - over the toaster.
- Sandwich rack: Easily warm thin sandwiches. If you butter the outside of the bread, it slows the browning process and helps warm the filling.
- A removable tray: This remains the best way to remove crumbs from your toaster.
- Reheat Function: If you tend to plop bread in the toaster and then forget about it, this allows your toast to be warmed up - without further browning.
Here are our top picks for the best toasters you can buy:
- Best toaster overall: Cuisinart Countdown Four-Slice Toaster
- Best budget toaster: Oster Jelly Bean Two-Slice Toaster
- Best expensive toaster: Breville Die-Cast Four-Slice Toaster
- Best designed toaster: SMEG Two-Slice Toaster
- Best two-slice toaster: Cuisinart Two-Slice Classic Metal Toaster
Read on in the slides below to check out our top picks.
Subscribe to our newsletter.
Find all the best offers at our Coupons page.
Disclosure: This post is brought to you by the Insider Picks team. We highlight products and services you might find interesting. If you buy them, we get a small share of the revenue from the sale from our commerce partners. We frequently receive products free of charge from manufacturers to test. This does not drive our decision as to whether or not a product is featured or recommended. We operate independently from our advertising sales team. We welcome your feedback. Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The best toaster overall
The best budget toaster
The best expensive toaster
The best toaster for the design obsessed
The best two-slice toaster
Check out the best toaster ovens you can buy
- GST exemption on domestic supplies, commercial imports of COVID drugs to make them costlier, says Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman
- Uttar Pradesh government extends statewide lockdown till May 17
- Marriage functions to be held at home or court with maximum gathering of 20 people, says Delhi DDMA
- PM Modi speaks to Chief Minsters of Punjab, Karnataka, Bihar and Uttarakhand regarding COVID-19 situation in their respective states
- If you are feeling anxious and overwhelmed by the pandemic and the news around it, here are a few ways to calm yourself down