The richest CEO in private equity just wants to hire nice people
AP Photo/Ng Han Guan
"I don't like people who are not nice," he said at a leadership event on Tuesday, CNN Money reported.And Schwarzman, who is currently the richest man in PE, is quick to turn down people who lack the right personality traits - namely, niceness -when hiring for his star private equity firm, Blackstone Group.
That's more important to him than, say, an MBA degree.He pointed to some of his own executives who do not hold MBAs, like Jon Gray, who runs the real estate division.
"Jon's got a gift. Obviously an MBA wouldn't have improved it too much," CNN Money quoted him as saying.
- Best screwdrivers for your tool drawer
- Mumbai local railways ready to open suburban trains for all commuters
- Andhra Pradesh government allows schools and colleges to reopen from November 2
- Three people killed, several injured in a ‘suspected’ terror attack in France
- Maruti’s revenue rises 10% as car sales increase but high commodity prices dampen profit