The top 9 shows on Netflix and other streaming services this week
- Every week, Parrot Analytics provides Business Insider the most in-demand original TV shows on streaming services.
- This week's most in-demand streaming shows include Netflix's "Stranger Things" and Amazon's "Good Omens."
- Visit Business Insider's homepage for more stories.
Netflix released a new trailer "Stranger Things" season three on Thursday, heightening fans' anticipation for the return of the hit sci-fi series. And buzz is still swirling around Amazon's "Good Omens," which was helped by a mistaken petition last week for Netflix to cancel the series.
Every week, Parrot Analytics provides Business Insider with a list of the seven most "in-demand" TV shows on streaming services. The data is based on "demand expressions," the globally standardized TV demand measurement unit from Parrot Analytics. Audience demand reflects the desire, engagement, and viewership weighted by importance, so a stream or download is a higher expression of demand than a "like" or comment on social media.
Below are this week's nine most popular original shows on Netflix and other streaming services:
9. "Orange Is the New Black" (Netflix)
8. "Cobra Kai" (YouTube Premium)Advertisement
7. "Good Omens" (Amazon Prime Video)
6. "Titans" (DC Universe)Advertisement
5. "The Handmaid's Tale" (Hulu)
4. "Lucifer" (Netflix)Advertisement
3. "When They See Us" (Netflix)
2. "Black Mirror" (Netflix)Advertisement
1. "Stranger Things" (Netflix)
- India's Daman and Diu remains coronavirus-free thanks to its 'Corona Warriors'
- Apple Watch ECG feature coming to Japan and Brazil
- India-China border dispute to be resolved through talks, says MEA
- Six more people die of coronavirus in Pune with 342 fresh cases
- Bihar's Darbhanga, Samastipur, and others register 233 new coronavirus cases with the state's overall tally rising to 4.831