This one tweet from Richard Branson tells you everything you need to know about the most dangerous animal in the world
As this delightful tweet from Sir Richard Branson that has been making the rounds of the internet points out, sharks aren't even close to the scariest creatures on the planet.
We could quibble with the "most dangerous animal" designation. Mosquitoes spread diseases like malaria, which kills about 600,000 people a year, while humans murder about 475,000 humans each year - though perhaps we are responsible for more deaths than that, with road injuries (cars=created by humans) and diseases caused by smoking (cigarettes=created by humans) both making the top 10 causes of death worldwide.Either way, humanity is pretty dangerous, and apparently much more likely to bite each other than to be bitten by a shark.
So even though any news of a shark bite quickly becomes front page news, people should probably spend a little less time worrying about what's under the water.
- Best screwdrivers for your tool drawer
- Mumbai local railways ready to open suburban trains for all commuters
- Andhra Pradesh government allows schools and colleges to reopen from November 2
- Three people killed, several injured in a ‘suspected’ terror attack in France
- Maruti’s revenue rises 10% as car sales increase but high commodity prices dampen profit