A Chinese Boeing 737 has reportedly crash landed at Manila International Airport
A Xiamen Airlines jet has crashed while landing at Manila's Ninoy Aquino International Airport, CGTN reported.According to the Chinese news agency, the Xiamen Airlines Boeing 737-800 skidded off the runway during landing, causing one of the plane's engines to detach from the wing. The flight reportedly involved in the incident is CXA8667.Advertisement
Neither Manila Airport nor Xiamen Airlines were immediately available for comment.
There are no reports of injuries or fatalities yet.According to the Aviation Safety Network, the incident occurred as the jet attempted to land amid thunderstorms.
The Xiamen Airlines plane was at the conclusion of a two-and-a-half-hour flight from the southern Chinese city of Xiamen when the incident reportedly took place.Tracking data provided by FlightAware.com indicates the crew attempted to land 15 minutes before the incident but decided to abort and try again.CGTN also reports that the airport's runways are still operational.Advertisement
This story is developing. Check back for updates.
Get the latest Boeing stock price here.Advertisement
- Masayoshi Son’s best bet for future profit is PayPay in Japan — built on Vijay Shekhar Sharma’s Paytm model in India
- India’s ‘Transparent Taxation’ charter — Highlights of Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s speech
- Pranab Mukherjee's condition remains unchanged, says Army Hospital after false death news surface on the internet
- SBI, ICICI Bank, Axis, Kotak and others have plans to raise $14 billion — but if things go haywire, they could need three-times more
- Top stock movers on Dalal Street today — TCS, HCL, Wipro, Ashok Leyland, IndiGo and more