And Now The FBI And The SEC Are Investigating The Alleged KPMG Herbalife And Skechers Leaks
Earlier, KPMG said one of its senior partners in the Los Angeles office leaked non-public information in Herbalife and Sketchers to a third party who then traded on that information.
The accounting firm fired that partner and resigned as an auditor at those two companies.
The senior partner and the third party have not been identified.
CNBC's Scott Wapner reported earlier that the third party is not related to Bill Ackman, the hedge fund manager with a massive short on Herbalife, or his rival billionaire investor Carl Icahn, who has a huge long position in the nutrition company.
Reuters' Emily Flitter reported that the FBI is going to do a probe. The Securities and Exchange Commission is said to be investigating the matter, Bloomberg News reported.
- Explained: TCS on your child's overseas education and mitigating strategies
- From Pixel 8 to Galaxy S23 FE – smartphones launching in October 2023
- World Cup 2023 final squads – Ind, Aus, Eng and all the other teams
- Eating your way to clear vision: 10 foods for healthy eyes
- 10 cafes in Bangalore offering the best of ambiance and cuisine