Bill Gates didn’t let Anand Mahindra feel like a winner!
AdvertisementBusiness tycoon Anand Mahindra holds a grudge against the richest man on Earth— Bill Gates. And this isn’t any business rivalry!
According to an ET report, Mahindra, who attended the ongoing conference,
"As is well known, he (Gates) dropped out of college to start something far more valuable than a Harvard degree. So, our paths never crossed, Mahindra was quoted in the report.
Recalling his meeting with Gates during his maiden trip to India in 1997, Mahindra noted that Gates’ team had arranged a meeting with him. "When we met, Bill said, 'I believe, we were in college together.' And I said, 'Yes. And, I have a grudge against you,” said Mahindra.
And instead of being disturbed by the revelation, Gates calmly asked him (Mahindra) the reason for his long-standing grudge. Explaining his reason, Mahindra told him that he could never feel like a winner.
“My daughter asked me, 'So dad, who were the famous people in college with you?' And I very enthusiastically said, 'Bill Gates.' She said, 'Jeez dad! In comparison, what a loser you are.' So I told Bill, 'Thanks to you, I am never going to look like a winner to my kids, recalled Mahindra, who shared this little trivia with his audience at the Microsoft event in Mumbai.
Image credit: Indiatimes
Popular on BI
- SIMPLY PUT: What happened before India got Freedom@Midnight
- Here’s how much banks have increased home loan interest rates
- Avatar 2, Black Panther 2, Ant Man — Here is a complete list of Hollywood movies expected to hit Indian theaters in the next 6-7 months
- Taj Hotels’ Qmin food delivery app claims to be the only profitable business among its peers
- India's foreign exchange reserves fall to $573 bn