Bitcoin is soaring
Bitcoin is soaring as traders return to work following the extended Christmas break. The cryptocurrency is trading up 3% to more than $929 and is at its best level in three years.
Bitcoin has seen a volatile 2016 amid uncertainty surrounding the Brexit vote in June and the US presidential election in November. The cryptocurrency rallied from $432 at the start of the year to more than $750 in the days ahead of the UK's vote to leave the European Union, but then fell back below $500 in August as traders digested the outcome. Since then, Bitcoin has gained 92.5% with a good portion of that (~30%) coming since the US election.
Bitcoin has only briefly traded over $1,000, and that was in late 2013.
- A top AI researcher reportedly left Google for OpenAI after sharing concerns the company was training Bard on ChatGPT data
- An AI researcher who has been warning about the technology for over 20 years says we should 'shut it all down,' and issue an 'indefinite and worldwide' ban
- What is an indictment? What it means for someone to be indicted by a grand jury and why Trump was charged
- These small finance banks are offering up to 9.5 percent interest rate on FD in 2023
- Greenland’s ice sheets are melting too quickly, and we’re already halfway to the point of no return
- India reports 3,824 new Covid cases
- 77% of young Indians now spend the most on phones, apparels
- Global Pharma recalls 50,000 tubes of contaminated eye drops in US: USFDA