Shapoorji Pallonji Group proposes plan for separation from Tata Sons
"Tata Sons is effectively a two-group company, with the Tata Group comprising Tata Trusts, Tata family members and Tata companies holding 81.6 per cent of the equity share capital, and the Mistry family owning the balance 18.37 per cent," the
The group has submitted a plan for separation from Tatas to the Supreme Court.
AdvertisementTata Sons is the core investment company and is the holding company for the Tata Group and its value arises from its stake in listed equities, non-listed equities, the brand, cash balances and immovable assets. The value of 18.37 per cent stake of
In their scheme of separation, the SP Group said disputes over valuation can be eliminated by doing a pro-rata split of listed assets (share price value is known) and pro-rata share of the brand (brand valuation already done by Tata and published). A neutral third-party valuation can be done for the unlisted assets adjusted for net debt.
As a non-cash settlement, the SP Group sought pro-rata shares in listed Tata entities where Tata Sons currently owns stake.
For example, while Tatas own 72 per cent of TCS, the SP Group's ownership of 18.37 per cent in Tata Sons translates to 13.22 per cent shareholding of TCS, which is worth Rs 1,35,000 crore at present market capitalisation, as per the statement.
Pro-rata share of brand value adjusted for net debt can be settled in cash and/ or in listed securities, the statement said.
For the unlisted companies, an expedited valuation can be done with a valuer selected by both sides. This can be settled in cash and/or in listed securities, it added.
AdvertisementSEE ALSO: BYJU'S backer Lightspeed India invests in a live tutoring platform Teachmint
COVID-19 vaccine updates: Pfizer, Moderna to roll out COVID-19 vaccine by December
Dow craters 943 points in worst day since June as virus spike spurs new lockdowns
- We don’t merely want to be our client’s communication, digital or brand partner, we want to be their business partner: Abhik Santara, ^ a t o m
- Indian Navy's MiG-29K fighter aircraft crashes over Arabian sea — one pilot recovered, search underway for the other
- Chandigarh doubles the fine for not wearing a mask to ₹1000
- Future Retail tells the bourses that not every stage of the Amazon proceedings would be ‘material event for disclosure’
- India vs Australia 1st ODI: Australia wins the toss, opts to bat against India at Sydney Cricket Ground