Indian billionaire Azim Premji is an investor in Moderna – the company whose coronavirus vaccine has showed early signs of positive results
- India’s billionaire entrepreneur and philanthropist
Azim Premjiis one of the investors in Moderna.
- The investment was made through Premji Invest – the family office of Wipro founder Azim Premji.
- Moderna is at the forefront of the COVID-19 vaccine race.
Premji Invest, which is the family office of Wipro founder Azim Premji, has been investing since 2006 and has placed its bets across 40 countries.
Dhiraj Malkani, a partner at Premji Invest in Boston also recently shared news about their portfolio company Moderna on his LinkedIn page.
AdvertisementAn ET report said that Premji Invest invested $25-30 million in the company a few years ago.
Premji Invest has also placed its bets on other US-based healthtech companies such as Devoted Health, Iora Health and Grand Rounds
Moderna is at the forefront of the COVID-19 vaccine race. The NASDAQ-listed company had recently announced positive data from the phase 1 of its vaccine testing in the United States.
“With today’s positive interim Phase 1 data and the positive data in the mouse challenge model, the Moderna team continues to focus on moving as fast as safely possible to start our pivotal Phase 3 study in July and, if successful, file a BLA. We are investing to scale up manufacturing so we can maximize the number of doses we can produce to help protect as many people as we can from SARS-CoV-2,” said Stéphane Bancel, Chief Executive Officer at Moderna in a statement.
India allows domestic flights to resume from May 25 after a long halt
India added an average of 4,500 new coronavirus cases every day in the past week
- From Tata to Maruti and Mahindra — these are the electric cars lined up for launch in 2021
- Farmer protests: Fifth round of talks end in deadlock, next round on December 9
- Odisha forms panels to track adverse events in Covid-19 vaccine programme
- Hry minister, who got 1st dose of Covid vaccine, tests positive (Ld)
- Hundred cops in Ahmedabad found COVID-19 positive in special drive