Banks in Gujarat disburse over Rs 2,400 crore to MSMEs
Out of total 89,767 micro, small and medium enterprises (MSMEs) which had applied for loans during this two weeks time, almost 97 per cent or 87,834 applications were approved by the banks, said a release by the Gujarat government on Tuesday.
While loans worth Rs 5,373 crore has been approved for these 87,834 applicants, Rs 2,428 crore has already been disbursed to 31,000 of these MSMEs in the last 15 days, the release said.
Earlier on May 30, Rupani chaired a virtual meeting through video conferencing facility with bank officials and industry representatives to discuss ways to help MSME units hit by the lockdown.
As per a rough estimate, Gujarat has around 33 lakh MSME units providing employment to 1.5 crore people, said the release.Honouring Rupani's appeal, nationalised banks disbursed Rs 2,428 crore in the last 15 days, the release said, adding that some private banks have also come forward to provide loans to the MSME units. PJT PD KRK MKJ
(This story has not been edited by Business Insider and is auto-generated from a syndicated feed we subscribe to.)
- The Cybertruck's lack of door handles confused its first buyers — leading Elon Musk to show them how to open the truck
- Adani Group to invest USD 75 bn to scale up AGEL's RE portfolio to 45 GW: Gautam Adani
- OnlyFans star Riley Reid plans to 'immortalize' herself using AI. Here's how her team built her new chatbot.
- Electric eels can change the genetic composition of other organisms by shocking them!
- Exploring vibrant flavors: 10 healthy salad options in India
- 10 dry fruits to include in your daily winter diet
- Paytm to focus on big ticket loans to low-risk credit-worthy customers
- 10 Cities in India perfect for a chill and relaxed life