FCI says 'transported' over 3 mn tonnes of food grains during lockdown
It has also been able to unload about 950 rakes (about 2.7 million tonnes) in various states since March 24, an official statement said.
On an average, the state-owned FCI is loading and unloading about 3 lakh tonnes (about 60 lakh bags of 50 Kg each) every day since the start of lockdown, which is almost double its normal average.The FCI has already delivered about 5.9 million tonnes of food grains to the state governments since nationwide lock down under various schemes.
(This story has not been edited by Business Insider and is auto-generated from a syndicated feed we subscribe to.)
- IMF projects 11.5% growth rate for India in 2021, only major economy to record double digit growth
- Connaught Place to remain shut as farmers' tractor parade turns violent
- After violent clashes with police, farmers swarm Red Fort
- DMRC closed entry and exit gates of yellow, green, violet and blue lines in surge of farmers protest
- Delhi Police fires tear-gas shells on farmers near Akshardham temple and Sanjay Gandhi Transport Nagar