Lupin Q3 net loss widens to Rs 835 cr
The company had posted a net loss of Rs 151.75 crore for the corresponding period of the previous fiscal, Lupin said in a filing to BSE.
Consolidated sales of the company stood at Rs 3,716 crore for the quarter under consideration. It was Rs 3,821.19 crore for the same period a year ago.
"There are a lot of one-times in the numbers this quarter. The reported performance was significantly affected by exceptional events, including the impairment of the Gavis portfolio and our divestiture of Kyowa," Lupin MD Nilesh Gupta said.
The resilience of the India branded business, stabilisation of the US generic base business and growth in new launches will drive growth for the company, he added.
"Quality remains our top-most priority and we are making steady progress on remediation measures across our manufacturing footprint," Gupta said.
On December 17, 2019, Lupin completed the divestiture of its entire stake in Kyowa Pharmaceutical Industry Co Ltd. The transaction resulted in a pre-tax gain of Rs 1,291.1 crore, Lupin said.
In view of the changes in the pipeline value of Gavis portfolio, the company has decided to impair certain intangible assets acquired as part of the Gavis acquisition leading to an exceptional loss of Rs 1,579.8 crore (pre-tax), it added.Shares of Lupin Ltd ended at Rs 720.50 on BSE, down 0.26 per cent. AKT ABM
- More than $100,000 raised for loyal Burger King employee of 27 years in GoFundMe campaign after video shows him getting 'goody' bag as reward
- 'Get your boy Elon in line:' Former NASA official says she was ridiculed for supporting SpaceX in new memoir
- India is betting on casinos, online games and horse races to fill its coffers
- Best voltage stabilizers for home in India
- Asus teases the ROG Phone 6 gaming phone — confirmed to feature IPX4 splash-resistance
- Supercomputers are faster and more powerful — but need to be more energy-efficient
- Best hair removal cream for women in India
- Sensex, Nifty maintain 3-day streak, rally by nearly 1%