Merrill Pereyra named as Pizza Hut MD for Indian Subcontinent
In his new role, Pereyra will be responsible for leading Pizza Hut into the next phase of long-term profitable growth across Indian Subcontinent, the company said in a statement.
He will oversee the growth and expansion of the brand's footprint across the subcontinent countries based out of the headquarters in Gurgaon, it added."Pereyra brings with him over three decades of rich experience and leadership in the (Quick service restaurants) QSR sector. With his unique brand of leadership and compelling experience, we are confident he will strengthen our brand further in the region," Pizza Hut Asia Pacific Managing Director Unnat Varma said. Advertisement
With Merrill at the helm, Pizza Hut Indian Subcontinent plans to open over 100 new stores across the market in 2020.
Pizza Hut has been in India for more than two decades. Currently, the brand has 547 stores in the Indian subcontinent of which 460 are located in India.The company also runs 81 fast casual dining (FCD) stores in the the country and aims to increase the share of such stores to 40 per cent of its real estate by 2022.
Prior to his current role Pereyra led QSR Brands (M) Holdings, part of CVC Capital Partners, EPF and Johor Corporation which dominates Malaysia's rapidly expanding retail food industry as the executive director and CEO.He has also provided exciting, energetic and innovative leadership to large QSR brands including McDonald's Corporation, KFC and Pizza Hut Singapore, among others. MSS SHW SHW
(This story has not been edited by Business Insider and is auto-generated from a syndicated feed we subscribe to.)
- India leaves borrowing calendar unchanged — sticks to its ₹12 lakh crore target for the year
- EA Play games will be available with Xbox Game Pass starting November 10
- Indians can now fly to Kenya and Bhutan under the new air bubble agreement, says Aviation Minister Puri
- Centre extends deadline for IT returns filing for 2019-20 to November 30
- September two-wheeler sales expectations — Hero MotoCorp expected to outperform Bajaj Auto and TVS Motor