Passenger vehicle retail sales jump 11 pc in Oct on festive demand: FADA
According to Federation of Automobile Dealers Associations (FADA), passenger vehicles (PV) sales stood at 2,23,498 units in October 2018.Two-wheeler sales increased 5 per cent to 13,34,941 units last month as compared with 12,70,261 units in the year-ago period.
The festival season saw very good footfalls at dealerships across most of the geographies, the consumer sentiment was positive, and purchase decisions were concluded as used to be during the growth years, he added.Kale said two-wheeler inventory has reduced from an alarming level while PV inventory is also at reasonable levels. "CV inventory has also reduced, although with retail continuing to be weak further wholesale regulation is required to reach FADA's 21 days recommended levels," he added.
(This story has not been edited by Business Insider and is auto-generated from a syndicated feed we subscribe to.)
- Petrol price in Kerala shoots up from ₹90 to ₹100 a litre in just four months
- There are a few reasons why Zomato wants $8 billion valuation from its IPO -- here's a look at if it makes sense
- Germany adopts $9.6 billion climate protection programme to achieve new climate targets, says Finance Minister
- China's migrating elephant herd travels further south in Eshan county, say authorities
- Iran condemns US' seizure of website domains as an 'attempt to undermine global freedom of expression'