Video shows the front wheels of a Boeing 737 collapsing on landing, shooting sparks and terrifying passengers on board
- A Boeing 737 aircraft had a rough landing on Friday in Bogota, Colombia, in which its landing gear partially collapsed.
- The flight was operated by Venezuela's Avior Airlines, and was heading from Valencia, Venezuela, to Bogota, Colombia.
- A passenger recorded the landing. Their video shows sparks being thrown up from the underside of the right wing, where one of the engines is housed.
- No injuries were reported, and passengers were able to get off the plane and make it safely to the terminal, according to a statement from Avior Airlines.
- Visit Business Insider's home page for more stories.
A Boeing 737 aircraft had a rough landing when the landing gear on its right side collapsed, leaving the plane to skid to a halt in a shower of sparks.A video taken from inside the plane shows the landing, which took place on Friday November 22 at Bogota airport in Colombia.Advertisement
The footage can be seen below in full:
The flight was operated by Venezuelan carrier Avior Airlines.Its 9V-1400 service was en route from Valencia, Venezuela. It landed at El Dorado Airport in Bogota, Colombia, just after 7 p.m. Friday, according to a statement from Avior Airlines.
Here is the full statement (in Spanish):It says that there was "an incident" with the right landing gear when the plane landed. It said no injuries were reported and that the 80 passengers on board were evacuated from the aircraft. Avior Airlines said it is investigating how the accident happened.Advertisement
Business Insider was unable to reach Avior Airlines for comment by phone or email Wednesday morning.
A tweet posted by Fernando Gron Tosta, a reporter for Telemundo in Miami, shows footage of the aftermath of the incident.A fire engine and firefighters can be seen at the scene, and appear to successfully put out a fire using foam spray. Advertisement
The aircraft is surrounded with foam and water while passengers are seen being evacuated from the aircraft.
"All passengers are out of danger," said the tweet.A similar incident occurred on a Turkish Airlines Boeing 737 aircraft as it landed in Odessa, Ukraine last Thursday. Advertisement
The Boeing 737-800 aircraft suffered damage to its nose after the front wheels collapsed during a windy landing, causing the plane to skid on its nose and off the runway.
- Read more:
- A Turkish Airlines Boeing 737 crashed off the runway when its front wheels collapsed during a bad weather landing
- Video shows flames shooting from the engine of a Boeing 777 when it caught fire just minutes after taking off from Los Angeles
- An Air Canada Boeing 787 flying across the Atlantic was forced to turn back after its windshield cracked
- Boeing's 737 Max shouldn't be allowed to fly with a controversial flight-control system, an aviation regulator reportedly said in leaked emails
Get the latest Boeing stock price here.
Comunicado importante: pic.twitter.com/KtVeIycTlo- Avior Airlines (@aviorairlines) November 23, 2019
- India's Railway Police station returns a man's wallet lost 14 year ago
- The largest AI language model ever created can think, read and write like a human — but it can mess up like a human too
- Mahinda Rajapaksa takes oath as the Prime Minister of Sri Lanka for the fourth time
- IN PICS: Devastating images of floods wreaking havoc in Karnataka, Kerala, Uttar Pradesh and Assam
- Are you a conservative investor? Here’s a list of some investment bets for you