Vodafone Idea losses widen to ₹25,460 crore – over 75% of it is money set aside for AGR dues
Vodafone Ideahas posted a loss of ₹25,460 crore for the first quarter of the current financial year.
telecom’s revenue fell by 9.3% to ₹10660 crore.
- The Average Revenue Per User stood at ₹114, which is much lesser than its rival Jio’s ARPU of ₹140.3 during the same quarter.
The telecom’s revenue fell by 9.3% to ₹10660 crore.The Average Revenue Per User stood at ₹114, which is much lesser than its rival Jio’s ARPU of ₹140.3 during the same quarter.
TOP VIDEOS FOR YOU
“Q1FY21 was a challenging quarter as availability of recharges due to store closure and ability of customers to recharge on account of economic slowdown were impacted. 4G coverage and capacity expansion remains a priority for us to further improve our customers’ experience and we continue to lead the league tables on 4G data download speeds across several states, metros and large cities,” said Ravinder Takkar, MD & CEO, Vodafone Idea in a statement.
However, the company said that it has seen strong data volume growth of 10.6%, highest in the last 6 quarters and the data usage per broadband subscriber increased to 13 GB per month.
Takkar also said that the company continues to actively engage with the government to seek a comprehensive relief package for the industry, which faces critical challenges.
AdvertisementThe company’s gross debt (excluding lease liabilities) stood at ₹118,940 crore, including the deferred spectrum payment obligations of ₹92,270 crore.
- SBI, Airtel, Adani Enterprises, TCS and other top stocks to watch out for on August 4
- Krsnaa Diagnostics IPO opens—here is all you need to know
- These are some of the highest paid founders of Indian startups tapping capital markets this year
- Exxaro Tiles IPO opens today—here’s how to apply for IPO, check allotment status, listing date and more
- Devyani International IPO: Here’s how to apply via banks and apps like Zerodha, Upstox