Vodafone Idea losses widen to ₹25,460 crore – over 75% of it is money set aside for AGR dues
Vodafone Ideahas posted a loss of ₹25,460 crore for the first quarter of the current financial year.
telecom’s revenue fell by 9.3% to ₹10660 crore.
- The Average Revenue Per User stood at ₹114, which is much lesser than its rival Jio’s ARPU of ₹140.3 during the same quarter.
The telecom’s revenue fell by 9.3% to ₹10660 crore.The Average Revenue Per User stood at ₹114, which is much lesser than its rival Jio’s ARPU of ₹140.3 during the same quarter.
“Q1FY21 was a challenging quarter as availability of recharges due to store closure and ability of customers to recharge on account of economic slowdown were impacted. 4G coverage and capacity expansion remains a priority for us to further improve our customers’ experience and we continue to lead the league tables on 4G data download speeds across several states, metros and large cities,” said Ravinder Takkar, MD & CEO, Vodafone Idea in a statement.
However, the company said that it has seen strong data volume growth of 10.6%, highest in the last 6 quarters and the data usage per broadband subscriber increased to 13 GB per month.
Takkar also said that the company continues to actively engage with the government to seek a comprehensive relief package for the industry, which faces critical challenges.
AdvertisementThe company’s gross debt (excluding lease liabilities) stood at ₹118,940 crore, including the deferred spectrum payment obligations of ₹92,270 crore.
- Sensex tumbles 531 points, Nifty ends below 14,250 — IT and auto drag market lower
- Ahead of farmers Republic Day tractor parade, thousands of police personnel deployed in Ghaziabad
- Kotak Mahindra Bank Q3 profit rises 16% to ₹1,854 crore on low provisions for bad loans
- Google CEO Sundar Pichai pledges $150 million for COVID-19 vaccine education and distribution
- COVID-19 vaccine recipient dies after getting jab in California