IIM Visakhapatnam places all its students at an average salary of ₹13 lakh; highest package stood at ₹27 lakh
- With over 75 companies visiting the campus, the
Indian Institute of Management(IIM) Visakhapatnam clocked in 100% placements for the fourth consecutive year.
- Almost half of the cohort secured salary packages above ₹15 lakh per annum.
- The average salary for the batch stood at ₹13.08 lakh while the highest package went up to ₹27 lakh this year.
- Over a third of the offers came from the Information Technology domain, followed by BFSI (Banking, Financial Services and Insurance).
“IIM-V completed its final placements with a perfect century, yet again, for the graduating batch of its flagship PGP (MBA) program beating the seasonal headwinds and building on the successful record of the past,” M. Chandrasekhar, Director at IIM-V told the Times of India..
The average salary for the batch stood at ₹13.08 lakh while the highest package went up to ₹27 lakh this year. The institute had offers from Amazon, HDFC Bank, ICICI Lombard, BrowserStack, Delhivery and more.
Unlike most IIMs, IIM Visakhapatnam secured over a third of the offers from the Information Technology domain, followed by banking and finance. Other sectors that rolled out offers at IIM-V include education technology, infrastructure and manufacturing (18%), logistics and automobile (9%), FMCG and luxury goods (4%).
If we further break up, 34% offers came from operations, finance and consulting roles. This is highly in contrast with the sector-wise offers at other top management institutes. Xavier School of Management (XLRI), IIM Calcutta and Ahmedabad campuses secured the maximum number of offers from consulting companies this placement season.
At IIM Calcutta, over 30% of the offers came from consulting majors including Boston Consulting Group (BCG) and McKinsey & Co — which also rolled out 50 offers at IIM Ahmedabad.
On the other hand, XLRI also attracted the highest number of offers from the consulting domain at 26%, this year. Global multinationals KPMG and PwC were the top most recruiters.
“In the prevailing tough business environment and difficult times, where slowdown is widely anticipated and is being experienced, our students bucked the trend and achieved 100% results, a loud and clear manifestation of our recruiters’ continuing faith, trust and confidence in us,” said Deepika Gupta, chairperson of career development services at IIM-V.
These are the starting salaries offered to B-school students in India
One in four job offers at IIM Calcutta pays over ₹41.8 lakh per annum
India’s best minds from IIM Ahmedabad, XLRI are heading to consulting firms
- Not believing in act of God, Covid vaccine expected in early 2021: Harsh Vardhan
- Best pearl sets for every occasion
- Sensex sinks 800 points, Nifty cracks below 11,300 — global selloff eroded ₹4.23 lakh crore from investor wealth
- INTERVIEW: Angel Broking CEO believes the ₹600 crore IPO will ride the ‘digital’ euphoria
- Kerala hikes allowance to transgenders for sex-change surgeries