UPSC Civil Services Prelims 2020 exam date to be announced tomorrow, check @upsc.nic.in
Union Public Service Commission(UPSC) is expected to announce the new date for the Civil Services Prelims examon May 20, 2020.
- Earlier, the exam was scheduled to take place on May 31.
- The development comes after the Indian government extended the Coronavirus lockdown till May 31.
“The Civil Services Preliminary Examination 2020, scheduled to be held on May 31, stands deferred. Decision on fresh dates of the exam will be made available on May 20, after assessing the situation,” the official statement said.
The development comes after the Indian government extended the Coronavirus lockdown till May 31. Over 500,000 people apply for the civil services exam in India every year.
The central recruitment agency was supposed to roll out the admit cards last week to fill out over 700 vacancies.
Earlier, the recruiting body also deferred the personality tests for Civil Services Examination 2019. The interview stage, which comprises 275 marks, is the final selection stage of selecting civil servants.
It was scheduled between March 23 and April 3, 2020. The officials said that all the interviews, examinations and recruitment that require travel shall be conducted after May 3. The new dates haven’t been released yet.
“Due to the prevailing conditions caused by Coronavirus (COVID-19), as a precautionary measure, the Personality Tests (Interviews) of the candidates of the Civil Services (Main) Examination, 2019 scheduled from 23rd March, 2020 to 3rd April, 2020 are deferred till further orders. New dates for the Personality Tests (Interviews) will be informed to the candidates in due course of time. ,” the official announcement said.
- 936 new COVID-19 cases in Assam; eight more die
- 156 fresh cases in Jharkhand, COVID-19 tally now 3,518
- 755 new COVID-19 cases take Odisha's tally to 11,956
- Battling depression, AIIMS Delhi junior doctor jumps off 10th floor of hostel, dies
- AIIMS probe finds no mala fide intent in death of COVID-19 positive journalist: Harsh Vardhan