29-year-old crypto billionaire Sam Bankman-Fried said in a recent interview that buying Goldman Sachs is 'not out of the question'
- Sam Bankman-Fried, CEO of crypto
exchangeFTX, told the FT that acquiring Goldman Sachswas "not out of the question" should FTXgrow big enough.
- FTX is in the midst of a new funding round, but doesn't have current plans to IPO.
- Average daily trading volume on FTX has shot up 11-fold between October and April of this year.
Sam Bankman-Fried, the CEO of
"If we are the biggest exchange, [buying Goldman or CME] is not out of the question at all," Bankman-Fried told the FT.
FTX - which Bankman-Fried has previously said is seeking a $20 billion valuation - still has yet to overtake its crypto competitors Binance and Coinbase. But the exchange still has considerable room to grow, the 29-year-old billionaire said, hinting at future acquisitions.
Coinbase's IPO in April, seen by some as crypto's "coming out" moment, put the exchange at $76 billion, though
FTX is in the midst of a new funding round, but doesn't have current plans to IPO, Bankman-Fried told the FT.
"We don't need the capital … We are not actively looking to list, but we want to be in a position to go ahead if we want to," he said.
Bankman-Fried, who is worth some $8.7 billion himself, has taken a warmer tone toward regulation, noting that it is both inevitable and potentially beneficial to crypto brands.
An acquisition of Goldman Sachs, with a market cap of $128 billion, may be a ways off. But if anything, FTX's explosive growth lends some credence to Bankman-Fried's ambitions. Average daily trading volume on the exchange has shot up 11-fold between October and April of this year.
- Best gaming mouse for battle royale games in India
- Best tablets for professional use in India
- Ethereum may offer the best returns, but investors have been pulling away over the last two weeks
- Google starts starts testing new safety section for apps, feature to go live in February 2022
- Horlicks and Boost maker HUL sees slowdown in food segment in the last three months
- India T20 World cup Jersey
- Photo Editors Apps
- Google Pixel 6 series
- CBSE examdate sheet
- Tata Punch Price
- Punit Goenka
- Motorola Edge 20 Mobile
- Google TV stick vs Amazon Fire TV stick
- Oneplus 9rt smartphone
- Samsung Galaxy M52 review
- vodafone Idea News
- India Coal Crisis
- iPhone 13 vs iPhone 13 mini
- IRCTC Share price
- Maximum Sixes
- Tata Sons