A dogecoin spinoff called baby doge doubled in price following an early-morning tweet from Elon Musk
- A new cryptocurrency called baby doge coin surged after a tweet from
- The tweet said, "Baby Doge, doo, doo, doo, doo, doo," a reference to the song "Baby Shark."
- The price of baby doge doubled, according to CoinGecko.
A tweet from Elon Musk on Thursday caused the price of a new meme cryptocurrency called baby doge coin to surge.
Musk tweeted, "Baby Doge, doo, doo, doo, doo, doo," a reference to the well-known kids' song "Baby Shark." The hashtag #babydoge trended on the site following the tweet.
The price of the coin more than doubled after Musk's message, according to data from CoinGecko - it showed that the price rose to $0.000000002000 at 10:53 a.m. in New York from $0.000000000916 just before the tweet.
An hour earlier, Musk had tweeted, "Release the Doge!" It prompted a rise in
Musk has become one of the biggest drivers of moves in cryptocurrencies this year; his tweets have often sparked a bout of volatility in the prices of coins he mentions.
Dogecoin began as a joke in 2013 and has since become a mainstream digital asset. Baby doge coin is a new addition to the crypto world.
A description from CoinMarketCap said: "Baby Doge seeks to impress his father by showing his new improved transaction speeds & adorableness. He is Hyper-deflationary with an integrated smart staking system built in so more baby doge are being added to your wallet. Simply Love, pet, and watch your baby doge grow."
- Netflix confirms an ad supported tier is coming to its streaming service by year end
- Accenture, Cognizant could see revenue growth but a strong US dollar could spoil the party
- Kharif sowing is off to a weak start with extended dry spells and floods
- Best ladder for home use in India
- Welcome to Bengaluru Ikea, did we mention the traffic, says competitor Wakefit