A Japanese firm is reportedly launching the country's first crypto fund as digital assets boom globally
- Japan may see its first
cryptofund by the end of the year, Bloomberg first reported.
- The fund, from SBI Holdings, plans to invest in bitcoin, ether, XRP, bitcoin cash, litecoin, among others.
- Investors may need to put in a minimum of around $9,100 (1 million yen) to roughly $27,200 (3 million yen).
Japan may have its first cryptocurrency fund by the end of the year, Bloomberg first reported this week.
Japanese conglomerate SBI Holdings is looking to launch the fund by November aimed at investors who already have an understanding of the risks of cryptocurrency investing, such as wild price swings, Tomoya Asakura told Bloomberg. Asakura oversees asset management for the country's biggest online brokerage.
The fund plans to invest in bitcoin, ether, XRP, bitcoin cash, litecoin, among other assets. Investors may need to put in a minimum of around $9,100 (1 million yen) to roughly $27,200 (3 million yen).
"Once people feel it firsthand ... they will understand that we aren't recommending cryptocurrencies as a tool of speculation," Asakura told Bloomberg.
Due to Japan's strict regulations, it has taken SBI four years to get the fund running. All the while, demand for digital assets has been steadily growing.
- 'Quiet quitting' is a bad idea, experts say. Here are 6 things you can do instead to get the same results if you're looking for better work-life balance – or to lighten your workload
- Wipro, Infosys, Tech Mahindra revoke offer letters given to freshers: Reports
- Reliance Jio and Airtel 5G prices may be affordable for now but expected to increase after wider rollout
- Redmi Pad Review: A decent tablet for the masses
- Electronics Mart India IPO is subscribed 1.69 times on day 1
- Big B’s best movies are back on the big screens - Here are 11 you can watch
- Reliance Jio to begin beta trial of 5G in four cities on Dussehra with unlimited data
- With 950 billionaires, Asia outnumbers all other regions: Forbes