Ether is set-up for a 35% rally as it continues to outperform bitcoin, according to Fairlead Strategies
Ethercould jump 35% from Tuesday's close as it continues to outperform bitcoin, according to Fairlead Strategies' Katie Stockton.
- If ether can clear resistance near $2,724, it's next target would be the 61.8% fibonacci retracement level near $3,356, Stockton said.
- Ether traded up as much as 8% to $2,688 in Wednesday afternoon trades.
- Sign up here for our daily newsletter, 10 Things Before the Opening Bell.
Stockton believes if ether can clear its next resistance level at $2,724, its next target would be the 61.8% fibonacci retracement level near $3,356, according to the note.
Ether surged as much as 8% to $2,688 on Wednesday, confirming its recent breakout above short-term resistance. With the breakout confirmed, Stockton feels "comfortable taking a bullish intermediate-term stance [on ether]," the note said.
The upside momentum in ether's price comes after the cryptocurrency avoided a breakdown below key support near $1,728 in July following a third successful test of that level, "preserving its long-term uptrend," Stockton highlighted.
Now, short-term, medium-term, and long-term momentum indicators are signalling a bullish move for ether going forward, according to the note. If momentum deteriorates in ether, Stockton is watching its 50-day moving average of $2,153 as potential support. A drop to that level represents potential downside of 20% from current levels.
Finally, Stockton believes the broader cryptocurrency space could enter risk-on mode with ether's outperformance relative to bitcoin accelerating in recent weeks.
"Bitcoin is losing relative strength versus Ether, noting the ratio above has broken down below its 50-day MA and a minor low, signaling a potential switch to a risk-on environment within the cryptocurrency space," Stockton explained.
- From marketing and tech to leadership - learn new skills and explore new possibilities with these Udemy courses
- Facebook and Microsoft aren’t the only ones creating a metaverse — here are five popular coins looking to create digital worlds
- Loaded Lion NFT sells for $1 million — three days after launching at $200
- Banks in India may have to fight harder for deposits
- Mukesh Ambani-led Reliance Jio hikes prices of its plans by 21%
- Facebook, Microsoft and others look towards the $1 trillion dollar ‘metaverse’ opportunity — but that contradicts the base philosophy behind Web 3.0
- Paytm Q2 result — Operational revenue crosses ₹1000 crore, loss widens by ₹37 crore
- These Indian states have the highest number of international airports; UP tops the list