Robinhood drops on report crypto exchanges Bitstamp and Sam Bankman Fried's FTX are working to add stock trading to their US platforms
FTX.USand BitstampUSA are considering adding stock tradingto their platforms.
FTX.US president tweeted the company has been "hard at work on stocks."
- Robinhood stock slumped 6%, contribuing to their overall decline so far in the new year.
Brett Harrison, the president of FTX.US, tweeted Tuesday the exchange is "hard at work on stocks" and hoping to have features like live prices, company data, portfolio performance tracking, and more. The addition could come in the next couple of months, Bloomberg said.
As for Bitstamp USA, CEO Robert Zagotta told Bloomberg in an interview that the exchange is considering adding stock, crypto derivative, and NFT trading to the platform. The additions could hit Robinhood, the well-known stock-trading platform that went public last year.
So far this year,
Representatives from the exchanges did not immediately respond to Insider's request for comment.
FTX, the $25 billion cryptocurrency exchange founded by 29-year-old billionaire
- SIMPLY PUT: What happened before India got Freedom@Midnight
- Here’s how much banks have increased home loan interest rates
- Avatar 2, Black Panther 2, Ant Man — Here is a complete list of Hollywood movies expected to hit Indian theaters in the next 6-7 months
- Taj Hotels’ Qmin food delivery app claims to be the only profitable business among its peers
- India's foreign exchange reserves fall to $573 bn