10 facts that reveal the absurdity of Pablo Escobar's wealth
Despite his humble origins, Pablo Emilio Escobar Gaviria became the infamous leader of the Medellín cartel - responsible for 80% of the global cocaine market.
"El Patron," as he's often called, brought in an estimated $420 million a week in revenue, easily making him one of the wealthiest drug lords in history.
While verifying Escobar's wealth is impossible due to the nature of drug money, figures range up to $30 billion.
- A laid-off Microsoft software engineer on an H1-B visa said she wonders 'where will I be living' with just 60 days to find a new job
- A Google engineer found out she had been laid off while she was on vacation when her boss sent her a LinkedIn message
- Laid-off Google employees are turning to a Discord server with nearly 18,000 members for emotional support and financial advice
- WhatsApp rolls out ability to create avatars on iOS
- One in four users unaware of crypto cybercrime risks: Cybersecurity firm Kaspersky
- Telegram adds real-time message translation in its new update
- Global smartphone revenue fall by 9% in 2022: Counterpoint Research
- Ex-military ruler Pervez Musharraf dies in Dubai: Pak media