Donald Trump on stock market tumult: China will 'bring us down'
AP Photo/Mark Humphrey
"I've been telling everybody for a long time China's taking our jobs. They're taking our money. Be careful, they'll bring us down," Trump said in the post. "You have to know what you're doing. We have nobody that has a clue."
On Twitter, he added: "Depression- be careful of China!"
Trump was apparently reacting to Monday's chaos in the stock market, some of which has been attributed to China's slowdown. At the market open, the Dow was down more than 1,000 points.
Trump, who has constantly railed against China on the campaign trail, released several additional tweets declaring he had been right about the country:
As I have long stated, we are so tied in with China and Asia that their markets are now taking the U.S. market down. Get smart U.S.A.- Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) August 24, 2015
Markets are crashing - all caused by poor planning and allowing China and Asia to dictate the agenda. This could get very messy! Vote Trump.- Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) August 24, 2015
Trump also said he is "perhaps" the only presidential candidate who can rescue the US economy from its current turmoil:
- Towards a Greener Footprint: Prioritising Carbon-Neutrality Makes Good Businesses Sense! Are Indian Firms Making the Transition?
- Netflix confirms an ad supported tier is coming to its streaming service by year end
- Accenture, Cognizant could see revenue growth but a strong US dollar could spoil the party
- Kharif sowing is off to a weak start with extended dry spells and floods
- Best ladder for home use in India