Blue Ivy Carter just won her first BET award at only 8 years old alongside her mom Beyonce
Blue IvyCarter just received her first BET Award, and she's only 8 years old.
- The daughter of Beyoncé and Jay-Z was honored alongside her famous mother at Sunday night's
BET Awardsceremony, where they received the BET Her award for their song "Brown Skin Girl."
- "Brown Skin Girl," featuring Beyoncé, Blue Ivy, Wizkid, and SAINt JHN, originally appeared on 2019's "The Lion King: The Gift" soundtrack.
- Blue Ivy and Beyoncé beat out contenders like Lizzo, Missy Elliott, and Alicia Keys for the award, which honors "inspiring" and "empowering" songs by women.
Blue Ivy Carter won her first BET Award on Sunday, and she's only 8 years old.
The young singer-songwriter received the BET Her award at Sunday night's ceremony, and shared the honor with her famous mother Beyoncé, as well as Wizkid and SAINt JHN, all of whom collaborated on the track "Brown Skin Girl."Blue Ivy and her collaborators beat out other nominees like Lizzo, Missy Elliott, Alicia Keys, Ciara, and City Girls for the award, which celebrates "inspiring" and "empowering" songs by women that "speak to the BET Her audience."Advertisement
"Brown Skin Girl" originally appeared on "The Lion King: The Gift" soundtrack in 2019. Beyoncé notably voiced the character of Nala and wrote several songs for the Disney film.
This isn't the first time the 8-year-old has achieved an honor normally reserved for much older artists. In February, Blue Ivy officially surpassed 1 million monthly listeners on Spotify, despite never having released music as a solo artist.And Blue has also received numerous other awards in her short career, including the Ashford & Simpson songwriters' award at the 2019 BET Soul Train awards.
- Read more:
- Beyoncé's 8-year-old daughter Blue Ivy was nominated for a BET Award
- Beyoncé's 8-year-old daughter Blue Ivy has surpassed 1 million monthly listeners on Spotify, despite never having released any solo music
- Beyoncé's new 'Lion King' album includes a feature from 7-year-old Blue Ivy, and fans are seriously impressed
- Blue Ivy shares the spotlight with mom Beyoncé in her new music video for the 'Lion King' remake
- Govt to come up with SOP for shooting films in India in wake of COVID-19 pandemic: Javadekar
- How risky is dining out during the COVID-19 pandemic?
- MP: Shops to be shut for 3 days in case of COVID-19 violations
- Fighting COVID-19, Noida cops step up for plasma donation
- Hand Sanitizer brands boosted their ad volume on TV by 105% during the lockdown: TAM