Jennifer Lopez and Maluma filmed scenes for an upcoming rom-com while quarantined in different locations: 'We had a Zoom call'
- Jennifer Lopez spoke to Variety about the challenges of trying to complete her upcoming rom-com "Marry Me" with costar Maluma while quarantined in separate locations.
- Lopez and Maluma, who are in Miami and Colombia, respectively, got film equipment set up in their houses and communicated with the cast and crew via Zoom.
- It's going to be in the movie," the singer said of the scenes they recently filmed. "It's not the ideal way of filmmaking, but we got it done."
"Someone came in and set up a camera and lights, and then left because of social distancing," Lopez, who's been staying in Miami, Florida with fiancé Alex Rodriguez and their blended family, told Variety in a new interview."It was me at home and Maluma in Colombia," she explained. "We weren't sure how it was going to work out."Advertisement
The 50-year-old entertainer went on to say that filming the scene remotely was challenging.
"We had a Zoom call," she said. "I start doing the scene with Maluma and we're hearing echoers and we're all like, 'Everyone has to mute.' We were just figuring it out as we go. We got through the scene. It's going to be in the movie. It's not the ideal way of filmmaking, but we got it done."
"The art of collaboration...it's what I love about this business!!! True magic happens when inspiration meets the absence of ego," Lopez wrote on Instagram. "It's so much fun when different artists come together and everyone contributes to create something special and true and real for everyone to experience and enjoy!! Issa flow... Here we go!!!"
The art of collaboration...it’s what I love about this business!!! True magic happens when inspiration meets the absence of ego. It’s so much fun when different artists come together and everyone contributes to create something special and true and real for everyone to experience and enjoy!! Issa flow... Here we go!!! @maluma #owenwilson @MarryMeMovie #Day1 #musicandmoviesmeet #dreamcometrue
A post shared by Jennifer Lopez (@jlo) on Oct 3, 2019 at 11:33am PDT
Maluma, who'll be making his film debut, also posted an image of himself and Lopez laughing together.
Speaking to Men's Health for a 2020 feature, the "Qué Pena" singer said that he learned a lot from working with Lopez.Advertisement
A post shared by MALUMA (@maluma) on Oct 3, 2019 at 10:47am PDT
"I was like a young student every day when I went to the movie set — I just wanted to learn and have a great time," he said. "[Lopez and Wilson] helped me out a lot. They were like my parents over there."Lopez was also photographed wearing a voluminous wedding dress while on the set of the movie in October 2019 in NYC. During an appearance on NBC's "Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon" in February 2020, the "Let's Get Loud" singer said that she and Maluma will be providing music for the rom-com's soundtrack.Advertisement
"I did an album with this movie, so there are all new songs, new music with it, so it's exciting," Lopez said. "I have six to eight songs, and Maluma does two or three."
- Read more:
- 55 celebrities you probably forgot guest-starred on 'How I Met Your Mother'
- Jennifer Lopez's 12-year-old daughter met Billie Eilish and the photos are heartwarming
- 7 things you didn't know about Jennifer Lopez