Kate Winslet coincidentally called Saoirse Ronan about working together right after the 'Little Women' star filmed her own 'Titanic moment'
Saoirse Ronanrevealed the " Titanicmoment" she had just before Kate Winsletcalled her about being in the movie, " Ammonite."
- Ronan said she had just finished the ice pond scene in the 2019 movie "
Little Women" with Timothée Chalamet when Winslet called.
- "I was like, 'This is our "Titanic" moment!' and then Kate called. It's Rose!" Ronan said at a presentation of "Ammonite" at the Toronto International Film Festival, according to
It turns out Saoirse Ronan felt linked to Kate Winslet even before they starred in their new movie, "Ammonite."
The star said at a virtual presentation of the movie at the Toronto International Film Festival, where "Ammonite" had its world premiere, that Winslet called her about being in the movie the day she filmed a scene with Timothée Chalamet for "Little Women" that made her feel like she was in a classic Winslet movie.
"I had just done a scene with Timothée on the ice, swinging each other around. I was like, 'This is our "Titanic" moment!' and then Kate called. It's Rose!" Ronan said, according to Entertainment Weekly's Joey Nolfi.
Ronan said that Winslet was a huge supporter of her being in the movie, in which the two have a lesbian romance. The two had known each other casually on the award circuit in the past, but Ronan said it was important that they got along seeing that they would be so intimate together for the movie.In "Ammonite," set in 1840s Southern England, Winslet plays real-life paleontologist Mary Anning who falls for young geologist Charlotte Murchison (Saoirse Ronan).
Winslet revealed recently that she and Ronan choreographed their sex scenes in the movie.
"Being able to choreography that ourselves was a new experience for me," Ronan said. "It was great to be able to do that with Kate."
But the "Titanic" moment reference is an interesting one as not only does it seem Ronan is going on a path to greatness in Hollywood that Winslet trail blazed, but Ronan and Chalamet are becoming forever linked in movie history just as Winslet and Leonardo DiCaprio have been since "Titanic."
"Ammonite" opens in theaters on November 13.
- Tata Group gets loan commitment from SBI-led consortium to run Air India
- Air India's control to be handed over to the Tata Group today
- Asia Pacific advertising spend is expected to grow by 5.9% to reach US$255 billion in 2022: dentsu report
- 46% of Indians frustrated with OTT viewing experiences: Study
- Brands, influencers and celebrities who violated ASCI Guidelines for Influencers Advertising