Kelly Ripa marked 25 years of marriage with Mark Consuelos by getting a tattoo of their wedding date
- Kelly Ripa and Mark Consuelos celebrated their 25th wedding anniversary on May 1.
- Ripa honored the date by getting a tattoo on her arm that reads "5.1.95."
- It's Ripa's second tattoo dedicated to her relationship with Consuelos.
On Friday, the 50-year-old "Live With Kelly and Ryan" cohost shared a photo on her Instagram story that revealed new ink on the inside of her arm. The tattoo read, "5.1.96" in honor of the exact date that she and Consuelos wed.
"Clean mani and fine lines..." Ripa captioned the photo, tagging tattoo artist and nail manicurist @asami812.
This is the second tattoo Ripa has that honors her relationship with Consuelos. In 2010, she got his last name inked onto her wrist.
Ripa and Consuelos met through the soap opera "All My Children" in the '90s, which they both starred on. They began dating, but actually broke up the week before getting married. Then, they eloped in Vegas on May 1, 1996.
-Kelly Ripa (@KellyRipa) May 1, 2013
The couple's first child, son Michael Consuelos, was born in June 1997. Ripa and Consuelos welcomed daughter Lola Consuelos in June 2001 and son Joaquin Consuelos in February 2003.
Since then, both stars have been outspoken about their long-lasting marriage and the secrets to maintaining their relationship. They also started a production company called Milojo, Ripa has guest-starred on "Riverdale" (which stars Consuelos), and Consuelos has guest-hosted "Live With Kelly and Ryan" alongside his wife.
Ripa also said that Consuelos once threw her wedding ring out of a window early into their marriage. But the incident was also a "defining moment" because they were able to move past it, she said.
Recently, the talk-show host shared a throwback photo of her and Consuelos revisiting the chapel where they got married.
She also posted photos taken during their honeymoon in Rome.
To mark their 25th anniversary on May 1, Ripa posted a photo collage on Instagram with the caption: "Happy 25th Anniversary to the love of my life @instasuelos in the blink of an eye. Because when you know, you know. Thank you for all of the dreams you made reality. ♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️ (wedding, 5,10,15,20........#25) #silver."
Consuelos also posted a video on his Instagram that included more never-before-seen photos of the pair.
Most recently, Consuelos honored Ripa and his own mom for Mother's Day by posting several photos of their family.
- A laid-off Microsoft software engineer on an H1-B visa said she wonders 'where will I be living' with just 60 days to find a new job
- A Google engineer found out she had been laid off while she was on vacation when her boss sent her a LinkedIn message
- World's richest person Bernard Arnault's fortune has increased by more than $33 billion this year
- WhatsApp rolls out ability to create avatars on iOS
- One in four users unaware of crypto cybercrime risks: Cybersecurity firm Kaspersky
- Telegram adds real-time message translation in its new update
- Global smartphone revenue fall by 9% in 2022: Counterpoint Research
- Ex-military ruler Pervez Musharraf dies in Dubai: Pak media