Lizzo told her fans 'refuse to be suppressed' in a powerful acceptance speech at the 2020 BBMAs
Kevin Mazur/BBMA2020/Getty Images for dcp
- Lizzo won top song sales artist at the 2020 Billboard
MusicAwards on Wednesday.
- During her acceptance speech, the singer paid homage to "the big Black women" who came before her and "refused to have their voices be suppressed."
- "When people try to suppress something, it's normally because that thing holds power. They're afraid of your power,"
- "So whether it's through music, protest, or your right to
vote— use your power, use your voice, and refuse to be suppressed."
- The "Truth Hurts" singer-rapper wore a black minidress that had the word "vote" emblazoned repeatedly.
- Read more:
- John Legend dedicated an emotional BBMAs performance to Chrissy Teigen following her pregnancy loss
- Lizzo wore a blue bra over a fishnet body stocking during Rihanna's Savage X Fenty fashion show
- Lizzo said Instagram effects 'freak' her out and told her fans they have 'no-filter beauty'
- 7 times Lizzo said something that makes you feel good about your body
- Upcoming bike launches in November: From Ducati Multistrada to Royal Enfield Meteor and KTM 250, to 2021 Honda CB1000R, here’s the list
- Researchers identify new drug to treat Covid-19 patients
- Ice drug worth 2 crore seized, 2 held
- Nearly a third of RIL’s profit is shaved off by the dent in refining
- Reliance Retail clocks nearly as much revenue as a year earlier as COVID shock abates — but the Amazon threat looms