Indians drink way, way more whiskey than Americans
The country that consumes the most whiskey in the world is India.
Indians consumed 1.5 billion litres of whiskey in 2014, completely dwarfing the United States' 462 million litres, according to a research note from Bank of America Merrill Lynch.
That works out to about a litre of whiskey per person in the Southasian nation.
It's also worth noting that, in terms of percentage of total spirits consumed in each country, whiskey dominates in Angola at 90%.
Check out how much whiskey other countries drink:
- I took a new job in a remote location after my divorce. There aren't many people to date, but I'm happy staying single.
- Elon Musk hits out at viral videos of DINK couples, saying there's an 'awful morality' to those who choose not to have children
- Married couples often share high blood pressure, study shows
- 8 Irresistible seasonal snacks to warm your winter days
- Vijay Shekhar Sharma says 'Wed in India' is a good idea for its food options
- NCLAT stays CCI penalty on NTPC in Ratnagiri Gas & Power shares issue
- A Japanese Start-Up Is Testing a Rocket Powered Entirely By Rocket Fuel Created From Cow Dung!
- Amazon sues scammers for stealing millions of dollars via fake returns