Indians drink way, way more whiskey than Americans
The country that consumes the most whiskey in the world is India.
Indians consumed 1.5 billion litres of whiskey in 2014, completely dwarfing the United States' 462 million litres, according to a research note from Bank of America Merrill Lynch.
That works out to about a litre of whiskey per person in the Southasian nation.
It's also worth noting that, in terms of percentage of total spirits consumed in each country, whiskey dominates in Angola at 90%.
Check out how much whiskey other countries drink:
- Donald Trump supporters baffled and divided over his claim that Republicans won't vote in 2022 or 2024
- Realme GT Neo 2 5G review: Great performance, fine display but camera needs work
- Marjorie Taylor Greene has Zoom call silenced after 'irrelevant' impeachment testimony during hearing of Lt. Col. Stuart Scheller
- G7 leaders favour CBDCs provided they ‘support and do no harm’ to central banks
- India's farmers protest takes a gruesome turn with a chilling murder at the scene — here’s the sequence of events
- Bizarre! Shubhman Gill was brought back to bat after being declared out
- Ruturaj Gaikwad and Faf du Plessis — amazing data on how the two openers led CSK to IPL 2021 championship
- Budget and safety top criteria for Chennai households during festive season:LocalCircles